For designers of any type, a mood board is an essential tool for displaying your vision in a way that is easy for others to understand. You can get a complex design idea across using powerful visual images, colors, and text. It makes a lot more sense to communicate your design in pictures rather than verbally. Choosing which mood board platform to use can be an important business decision if you are a full-time designer.
There are many free or affordable programs that can be used to create a mood board, but because that was not the intended purpose of the application, many useful features will be missing. That’s why many designers choose to use specialized mood board software like Moodzer.
Using Pinterest As A Type Of Mood Board
Many DIY designers doing home projects will use Pinterest to help them gather ideas and links products or tutorials as they work. Some freelance designers will even send Pinterest boards to clients in place of a traditional mood board. Pinterest has a few things going for it that make it an easy tool for beginners.
- It’s easy to use.
- You can mix and match photos easily.
- You can save links to articles and products for later.
- You can share boards and access anywhere.
Pinterest can also be used as a group collaboration tool, a way to show off your personal style, or even as a type of public portfolio. There are some drawbacks, however, when attempting to use Pinterest as a mood board for professional presentations to clients.
- The photos are not laid out in an organized way.
- There is no way to view all the photos together in a way that makes sense to the eye and brain.
- You can’t overlay text for notes.
- You can’t export the images as a JPG or PDF for printing or other uses.
- The links often don’t go where you expect them to go.
- Too cluttered with photos that don’t go together.
Consider Using Moodzer As Your Professional Mood Board Presentation Tool
While Pinterest might be a fabulous tool for finding and gathering your initial ideas; when it comes time for a formal presentation you need to be able to create an elegant and organized photo collage with photos, swatches, text, and sketches. Moodzer will allow you to piece your ideas together and create a mood board that tells a complete story.
The most important photos and other design elements can be laid out in a thoughtful way, with tools that allow you to add effects and change colors or crop images to highlight important things. When you are finished, the final project can be shared digitally or exported to a file type that is easy to share or print.
- Create a visually appealing photo collage
- Crop images to create focus
- Editing tools for images
- Add color, pattern, and texture swatches
- Add custom text, notes, or personal sketches
- Add your own photos
- Export as jpeg, png, or pdf
Having a professional-looking mood board can ensure that every pitch you make gets accepted by your client and will set you apart from the competition.